GUIDELINES FOR RECEIVING AND HANDLING LOSS, MISSING OR
Lancer goods are sold F.O.B. shipping Point, which makes the equipment the property of the buyer while in transit. If loss or damage occurs,
the buyer should file a claim with the carrier.
Lancer will respect the incoterms but will invoice the same day goods are shipped.
RECEIVING AND INSPECTION:
marked This Side Up that is delivered lying on their side. The receiver and the carrier should make a joint inspection prior to acceptance of
the shipment. Results should be noted on the delivery receipt.
Contents of all shipments should be checked for concealed damage immediately after delivery. If concealed damage is noted, the
delivery carrier should be notified promptly.
The tariff guidelines specify no more than 5 days should pass from the date of delivery to the date of when the damage report is made to
the carrier. After the 5 day limit has passed, the liability of the carrier is greatly diminished and in most all cases, void.
Filing a Loss or Damage Claim:
If loss or damage is identified a claim should be filed with the carrier immediately. Items required to file a claim include:
1. Completed loss or Damage Form (obtained from the carrier)
2. Copy of original invoice
3. Inspection Report
4. Copy of Carrier’s Delivery Receipt
5. Copy of Bill of lading which would be forwarded on request
RETURN AND REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED ITEMS
1) Annotate on the Bill of Lading (BOL) the visible damage before the driver departs. Please maintain the original copy for your records.
3) If Lancer is the Freight Forwarder, call Lancer Customer Service Department for Return Material Authorization (RMA)
Please follow these steps in the replacement of missing items:
Although Lancer strives for 100% accuracy, we recognize we do occasionally make mistakes in pulling and packing. If you receive a package
from Lancer with missing items, we request you contact your Customer Service Representative via telephone or email within 5 days, so that we
may assist you with the discrepancy. Lancer has a strict time limit for claims of missing items for replacement. If you receive a package with
missing goods but you do not contact Lancer within 5 days of receipt of the package, we will be unable to accept your request for replacement
1) Take digital photos, showing goods as they looked, plus a copy of the packing slip highlighting items that were not included in the shipment
and forward them to the Lancer Customer Service Department so they can assist you with the discrepancy.